Freelancing in Germany!

“Opportunities don't happen, you create them.”


- There should be a financial interest or a local need in your profession.
- You need to show that there are customers interested in running with you.
- Your potential customers should write letters of intent, proving they plan to recruit you. This isn't a work contract, only a letter displaying interest to your services or work.
- You need to show that you have sufficient cash to live without difficulty. At least €9,000/year.
- You need to have legal residence in Germany. You should locate accommodation and sign up your address at a nearby registration office, referred to as Bürgeramt.
- You need to have a good enough pension plan in case you are over the age of 45. This means that through age 67, you need to have either:
- A month-to-month pension of €1,332.36 for at the very least 12 years; or
- Assets amounting to as a minimum €194,631.

German Freelancer Visa

The German Freelancer Visa permits you to stay in Germany and work as a freelancer. The overall “visa” is split into 2 components:

Freelancer (Entry) Visa

This is a National (D) Visa, which you need to observe for at the German Embassy in which you live. This is legitimate for a few months, however you want it so that you can enter Germany and allow the immigration authorities recognize you're entering with the motive of operating. Once in Germany, you exchange the visa in for a Freelancer Residence Permit.

Freelancer Residence Permit

This is what permits you to definitely live and work in Germany for a long-term. You should apply for the consultant home license at the Ausländerbehörde (German Immigration Office) once you arrive in Germany with the access visa. Once you get the Freelancer Residence Permit, you no longer need the visa.

Residence Permit

Once you've got got all of the important certificates and tax numbers, you could eventually apply for a Freelancer Residence Permit. The procedure is as follows:
- Book an appointment with the Ausländerbehörde (Immigration Office).
- Collect all of the required documents. Including your Residence Registration Certificate, Freelance Tax Number, and letters from potential employers. - Show up at the date of your appointment and enter the interview.
- Wait to acquire your visa. The processing time changes among states, so it could be anywhere from one to twelve months.
The Ausländerbehörde authorities will ask to look whether or not you have job possibilities in Germany – as a minimum. Your capacity customers will need to write a letter testifying to the way that they intend to recruit you for your administrations. Once you've gotten the Freelancer Residence Permit (the final step at the visa procedure), you may begin working.

Visa Requirements and Application


- Apply for a Freelancer Visa at a German Embassy.
- Travel to Germany.
- Find accommodation in Germany and sign up your residing address.
- Register with the Tax
- Registration Office (Finanzamt).
- Get health insurance.
- Apply for a Residence Permit for Freelancing.


- Locate the nearest German Embassy or Consulate.
- Make an appointment.
- Collect the required documents.
- Submit the documents on the date of your appointment.
- You may additionally need to go into a visa interview
- Pay the visa fee.
- You need to look at the instructions of the Embassy regarding fee of the visa. It can be online, through a monetary group transfer, or cash.
- Wait for an answer back.

Address Registration

Registering Your Living Address One of the maximum critical necessities of a Freelancer Visa is having a registered residing address in Germany. The system of registering your house is known as Anmeldung. What you need to do is:
- Find an area to stay. You also can locate accommodation earlier than you journey to Germany, however you need to register your living address within 14 days of transferring in.
- Make an appointment at the neighborhood Resident’s Registration Office (Bürgeramt). Depending on the particular Registration Office, you can do that online while not having to go to the workplace in person.
- Prepare the subsequent documents:
-Your passport.
- The registration form. You can down load this on line or get it on the Registration Office.
- Rental agreement.
- Confirmation of transferring in out of your landlord. The affirmation should include the landlord’s name and address, your move-in date, and your new apartment’s address.
- Civil status documents, which includes birth or marriage certificate.
1. Present the archives (in person) at the Bürgeramt on the date of your arrangement.
2. Wait to get your Meldebescheinigung. This is the record confirming your residence registration, and also you typically get the certificates at the same day.
3. Wait to obtain a Tax ID number. You need this number to sign up your freelance activity with the German Tax Office. The system may want to take some weeks, so make sure to start the application procedure as early as you could.

This will close in 0 seconds